Search this forum:
Search
You are not authorized to create a new topic
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Topics
 Replies
 Views
 Last Post
0 Replies and 28 Views How to make the IDL 8.6 flexnetls license server create and maintain a log of user activity?  28  0 Started by  Gustavo Correa Hi Harris Support and IDL fans0 I am running IDL 8.6 with the new flexnetls license server on Linux. I want to know how to configure the flexnetls license server to create and maintain a log of user activity, i.e., licenses checked in and out, etc. This was possible with the old IDL 8.5 and older versions, with the flexlmgrd license server. The log file is a very useful feature, essential to understand the pattern of activity, for accounting purposes, etc. The old flexlmgrd license...
0 28
01 Dec 2017 05:28 PM
7 Replies and 202 Views Failure to initiate program  202  7 Started by  Thomas Thorpe I have a student license for ENVI which included the atmospheric correction license. I can access ENVI 5.4 Classic. However, If I try to use QUAC (in Classic) or attempt to start the new ENVI it fails. I typically get some form of a javascript error. Example error attempting to start the program: JSON_PARSE: Error parsing file C:\Program\Files\Harris\ENVI54\resource\template\\root_system_config.js on: LIST: COLLECTION is not a superclass of obje...
7 202
by  Mari MinariJump to last post
27 Nov 2017 01:34 PM
0 Replies and 25 Views How to tell which floating licenses are in use?  25  0 Started by  James Michell When using the new 'Harris License Administrator' (IDL 8.6.0), how can you see which floating licenses are in use It used to be possible with the old FlexLM Manager, but I cannot see a way of doing it the new one. The 'View Log' button just displays 6 lines of information which includes the name of the license server (which I am logged into), the device ID and the License Directory, but nothing else. Thanks James
0 25
23 Nov 2017 08:07 AM
5 Replies and 178 Views Licensing Envi 5.3  178  5 Started by  Anthony Greenish Recently I have been unable to get Envi to work. It is a licensing problem. For some reason I can't get the License Server to run. When I try to turn on the License Server I get the message 'VD is starting, please check vendor daemon's status in debug log'. I have received a new license from Envi but it still can't get the License Server to run. Any help would be most appreciated.
5 178
15 Nov 2017 03:52 PM
5 Replies and 220 Views IDL Virtual Machine Installation on MacOSX10.13  220  5 Started by  Evan Burgess I am trying to install IDL Virtual Machine (IDL 8.5.1 - Mac OS X (10.9, 10.10) Native x86_64 64-bit) on a MacOSX10.13. It installs with no errors. I have reinstalled Java 6 and have xQuartz installed. When I click to start the application, it runs for about half a second and then disappears without error and a blank xterm window appears. Nothing else happens. Same happens when initiated at the terminal and when I have xQuartz already running. I'm wondering if this issue is likely due to ID...
5 220
27 Oct 2017 09:08 AM
7 Replies and 373 Views RESTORE error after installing ENVI 5.2 SP1  373  7 Started by  Mari Minari After installing service pack, I get a runtime error launching ENVI: RESTORE:Error opening file. Unit 100, File, C:\Program Files (x86)\Exelis\IDL84\lib\hook\envi_rt.sav How can I resolve this
7 373
by  thomas buckleyJump to last post
17 Oct 2017 12:25 AM
1 Replies and 147 Views cannot license idl 8.6.1 on Mac  147  1 Started by  Robert Weller Still cannot license new install of IDL 8.6.1 on Mac Desktop Get 'unable to retrieve computer information. Is your license activate utility installed correctly License Directory:/Applications/harris Failed to activate' suggestions Thanks Bob Weller rwellerwhoi.edu
1 147
by  Ben CastellaniJump to last post
06 Oct 2017 02:14 PM
1 Replies and 86 Views envi 5.3 sp1 on OS x (mac) does not start  86  1 Started by  Jay Krishnan Hello: We have envi 5.3, sp1 (Install_IDL85ENVI53SP1.pkg) for OS X, (sierra) Macs and every time (after installation), we try starting up the software, it seems to want to startup but crashes almost immediately. Any advise on a fix is appreciated. thank you.
1 86
04 Oct 2017 08:32 AM
0 Replies and 267 Views Can't activate license in docker  267  0 Started by  David Lindeijer SARVision (MAINTENANCE ID: MNT-5506788) uses IDL on a linux (Ubuntu) server using a runtime license (Quantity 1) We would like to use IDL within a docker container. The activation of the license fails within the docker container due to 'Activation ID copies exceeds available copies'. The docker server resides on the same linux server (mentionned above) that normally is used to use IDL directly. Before attempting to activate the license within the docker container the same licesnse is de-a...
0 267
16 Aug 2017 05:28 AM
2 Replies and 380 Views IDL 8.6/ENVI 5.4  380  2 Started by  jareds1 Hi all, Our site is about to upgrade its license to IDL 8.6/ENVI 5.4, and I was wondering whether IDL 8.6 is known to run on OS X Sierra despite not being officially supported, so that way I don't have to worry about another OS EOL before my position contract ends in 2019. Many thanks! Jared
2 380
by  jareds1Jump to last post
13 Jul 2017 02:31 PM
3 Replies and 487 Views Device ID changed in linux  487  3 Started by  Jose Marino IDL 8.6 suddenly stopped working on my laptop. I have a node locked license and things worked great for a few weeks, then all of a sudden my device ID is different and IDL refuses to start. The first 12 digits of the device ID are my network card's MAC address and those have not changed. The rest have changed. Apart from the MAC address, what else is used to generate a devide ID and how come my machine's ID changed
3 487
by  Jose MarinoJump to last post
31 May 2017 03:01 PM
1 Replies and 470 Views ENVI IDL on Ubuntu 14.04  470  1 Started by  negin moghaddam Hello, I have downloaded and installed both ENVI and IDL on Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS platform, then licensed them. Using terminal when I run the command envi, the software launched but there is a warning message that I need your feedback on how to fix it. Please find the following snapshot of the message in terminal... nesoNeso:~$ envi IDL 8.6.0 (linux x86_64 m64). (c) 2016, Exelis Visual Information Solutions, Inc., a subsidiary of Harris Corporation. Licensed for use by: Unive...
1 470
23 May 2017 12:32 PM
1 Replies and 352 Views ENVI 5.4/IDL 8.6 SCCM compatibility  352  1 Started by  Luke Pinner In 2015 we were told by our vendor tech support (based on advice from Exelis) that the ENVI 5.3/IDL 8.5 installer for Windows is not compatible with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) installation as it uses custom installer scripting in addition to the MSI installer. The ENVI 5.4/IDL 8.6 installer for Windows uses a different install method now (Inno Setup instead of InstallShieldcustom installer scripting). Does any one know whether the Inno Setup ENVI 5.4/IDL 8.6 instal...
1 352
by  Jim UbaJump to last post
05 May 2017 11:39 AM
1 Replies and 331 Views Student lisence  331  1 Started by  Redwan Rosli Currently, I'm pursuing my master degree without grant in University in outside of US and Canada, Is it possible for me to buy student license or at least get some discount. Please assist. Thanks
1 331
25 Apr 2017 10:12 AM
1 Replies and 422 Views Options file for new license manager/server  422  1 Started by  Vipool Rathod Is there a way we can limit access and usage with the new license manager software Previously, we would create an options file in the same path as license.dat.
1 422
07 Apr 2017 09:39 AM
2 Replies and 445 Views Automatic startup of license server  445  2 Started by  Martin Smith I have IDL 8.5 running under Mac OS 10.11.6. I have installed the licence server using the script on the install disc (/Volumes/IDL85ENVI53/licenseserver/install.sh). However, the licence server does not start up on reboot and I have to manually start it each time. From p13 of the AdvancedTopicsInLicensing.pdf document it seems like I need a plist file in LaunchDaemons, but this has not been set-up by the installer. Does anybody know where I can download the correct installer or, if I just need ...
2 445
23 Jan 2017 03:49 AM
1 Replies and 386 Views license for IDL or for ENVI IDL?  386  1 Started by  Rui Salgado Is it possible to buy a license for IDL, or we need to buy a license for ENVI and IDL
1 386
19 Oct 2016 12:05 PM
1 Replies and 382 Views I need to buy a new licence for upgrade IDL?  382  1 Started by  Rafael I have on my PC a licensed version of IDL 8.1.  For update to the version 8.5, I need to buy a new license
1 382
16 Aug 2016 02:36 PM
0 Replies and 190 Views Changing License Server Hostname  190  0 Started by  Felix Zumwald We would need to move our “Exelis FLEX License Manager” Physical Server to another domain. The Hardware itself (MAC-Address and IP) remains the same, what would change is the Hostname and FQDN. I believe the license file is generated with the MAC-Address and since this remain the same,then there should be any need for a new license file. Would this be a right assumption Thanks
0 190
16 Aug 2016 11:35 AM
1 Replies and 249 Views License Transfer Request  249  1 Started by  Matt I'm writing to request the transfer of a static license from an old dead machine (where several components have failed) to my new laptop. I understand that there is a license transfer fee ($99), which I am happy to pay once an invoice is arranged and the license transfer can be completed.
1 249
15 Jul 2016 03:31 PM
You are not authorized to create a new topic
Page 1 of 3123 > >>

RSS Feed Available
MOST RECENT

ENVI-powered Urban Heat Island GeoService Available on CloudEO

11/29/2017

If you’ve spent much time in a large metropolitan area, you probably noticed that temperatures in... more »

Harris Geospatial Aerial Survey Capabilities

11/29/2017

Amazon is looking to build a second headquarters, and one site supposedly under consideration is near the... more »

SIGN ME UP