Wednesday, June 26, 2013
THIS INFORMATION ONLY PERTAINS TO SOFTWARE VERSIONS IDL 8.5, ENVI 5.3 AND PRIOR
This Help Articles article provides instructions to install SARSCAPE on Windows. SARScape is available for download at:
Before installing a new version of SARscape on your machine we recommend
- to install first the version of ENVI compatible with the version of SARscape you plan to install
- to fully uninstall any previous versions of SARscape from your machine.
- administrator privileges are required to complete the installation
- if you install SARscape on a virtual environment, set the number of processors to a minimum of two
2. Windows supported platforms
Windows XP/Vista/7/8 32-bit and 64-bit
3. Installation steps
- Save the SARscape installer in a temporary folder.
- Double click on the SARscape installer
- The wizard will guide you through the installation steps
- At the end of the installation the below message will be displayed
** if you do not use a SARscape dongle license click on Don't install (most common configuration)
** if you are using a SARScape dongle license click on Install
- For licensing instructions please refer to ENVI licensing instructions :
4. Common error messages & workarounds
(1) If the SARSCAPE menu does not display in ENVI CLASSIC and or in the toolbox of ENVI new interface
- For ENVI 4.8 and earlier:
Move the entire content of the C:\program files\SARMAP SA\SARscape x.x\envi_extensions\envi folder into the ENVI directory (for example C:\program files\itt\idl\idl80\products\envi48).
Move the entire content of the C:\program files\SARMAP SA\SARscape x.x\envi_extensions\idl folder into the IDL directory (for example C:\program files\itt\idl\idl80\products\idl).
- For ENVI 5.0 and later:
Move the entire content of the C:\program files\SARMAP SA\SARscape x.x\envi_extensions_50\envi folder into the ENVI directory (for example C:\program files\exelis\envi50).
Move the entire content of the C:\program files\SARMAP SA\SARscape x.x\envi_extensions_50\idl folder into the IDL directory (for example C:\program files\exelis\idl82).
(2) If the following error message is returned when starting ENVI 5.0 SP3 after installing SARSCAPE 5.0.001
it means there is a conflict between different versions of SARscape and you would need to fully uninstall all SARscape versions available on your machine and ENVI 5.0 SP3. Then you would need to reinstall ENVI 5.0 SP 3 and SARscape 5.0.001 (in this order). It should fix the issue
(3) In case you need further assistance please contact Tech Support:
Number of views (8328)/Comments (0)
Maintenance Program Changes and Reminders:
All customers must be current on maintenance to receive ...
Sign Up for News & Updates: Stay informed with the latest news, events, technologies and special offers.