ENVI Crop Science 1.0.1 Release Notes
You must have ENVI 5.4 or any of its service packs installed and licensed on your system before installing ENVI Crop Science.
Refer to the Crop Science Help for instructions on using the tools and API. Access the help as follows:
- Windows: Go to the Start menu and select Programs > ENVI 5.4 > Help > ENVI Crop Science 1.0.1 Help.
- Linux: Type
envicropsciencehelp in a terminal window.
- Macintosh: Double-click the ENVICropScience101Help Applescript icon.
ENVI Crop Science is supported on the following platforms:
||7 SP1, 8, 10
||Kernel 2.6.32, glibc 2.12
- The Crop Count tool runs faster with large images.
- The Crops to Shapefile tool was renamed to Convert Crops to Shapefile.
- The Percent Overlap parameter has been optimized for faster speed in the Crop Count tool.
- Use the Create Crop Location Grid tool to estimate crop locations in an image, based on three specified points. The tool creates a classification image with circles that represent crops. It is best used in fields where crops are equally spaced and sized. The associated API task is ENVIAgCreateAndRasterizeCropLocationGridTask.
- Use the Find Rows and Remove Outliers tool to identify individual rows in a field, while removing outliers from the crop count result.
- Use the Find Crop Gaps tool to find the locations of missing crops within a row.
||This task estimates the crop count from a raster and a grid derived from three input points, and it creates a classification raster with their locations.
||This task finds gaps with a row of an associated ENVIAgCrop object.
||This task finds rows within an ENVIAgCrops object, removes crops that are outside the rows, and creates a classification raster with the remaining crop locations and sizes.
||The Percent Overlap parameter in the Crop Count tool did not work in the user interface or API.