Decision Advantage: Predictive Analytics in Geospatial Intelligence... | Jesse Piburn, ORNL
Jesse Piburn (Oak Ridge National Laboratory) presents "Decision Advantage: Predictive Analytics in Geospatial Intelligence and Why Data is Now the Most Valuable Resource in the World," in this recorded session from EAS 2017.
The most valuable resource in the world is no longer oil, it’s data. Like oil, data in its raw form is valuable not for what it is, but what we can turn it into. For geospatial intelligence, data and predictive analytics can facilitate an increase in situational awareness and allow analyst to have access to more information than ever before, but it is no panacea. Along with solutions it brings with it new issues we must contend with as a tradecraft. Predictive analytics is an extraordinarily powerful tool to help us find new answers. But, how do make sure we are asking the right questions?
Want to see more presentations like this one?
Here are all the thought-provoking sessions from the 2017 ENVI Analytics Symposium:
- The Future of Earth Observation
- Commercial Analytic Platforms
- The Business of Geospatial Analytics
- Analytics Innovations and Remote Sensing
- Advances in GEOINT Tradecraft Geospatial Modeling
- Machine Learning at Scale
- Industry Solutions and Geospatial Analytics
- Adding the Temporal Dimension to Geospatial Analytics