A Technical Dive into Creating Accurate Digital Terrain Models
Live Webinar | July 25
Creating accurate digital terrain models (DTMs) is essential for modeling areas of drainage or potential flooding, studying land use, or orthorectifying satellite images. Location accuracy and quality of DTM data are crucial, as these metrics have direct impacts on the analyses that use those data as sources. If you’ve ever wondered if you’ve got it all right, then this webinar is for you!
Bringing his more than 20 years of experience to bear on the subject, Joseph Mostowy, Photogrammetrist at Harris, wants to take you on a technical deep dive into how to create accurate digital terrain models (DTMs).
In this webinar, you'll learn:
- How to create DTMs from stereo satellite imagery
- The difference between the photogrammetry workflow vs. the algorithm approach
- How to use a stereo viewing environment to articulate the ground features more precisely
- The advantages of adding breaklines to seed the point generation algorithm
- Checking the accuracy of DTMs
Plus, you'll see examples of areas where algorithm-based terrain extraction can have trouble whereas breaklines can use stereo for accurate interpolation. Can't attend live? Register anyway and we'll email you the recording and slides after the live webinar.
Wednesday, July 25 | 1-2pm EDT