Search this forum:
Search
You are not authorized to create a new topic
Page 1 of 41234 > >>
Topics
 Replies
 Views
 Last Post
2 Replies and 390 Views Error: Unable to license IDL Runtime  390  2 Started by  Matthew Irwin This is the second time this has happened, When trying to run ENVI or the Harris Licence Admin it just give a window that says Unable to license IDL Runtime no other info or options
2 390
by  Matthew IrwinJump to last post
27 Nov 2018 08:29 PM
1 Replies and 137 Views IDL ENVI not launching after new motherboard installation  137  1 Started by  Dulci Avouris Hello! We had to replace the motherboard on our PC, where our IDL ENVI license is installed. The maintenance agreement for this license is currently expired, although we expect to renew and add modules shortly. However, I am getting the error 'unable to license IDL ... trusted storage ID does not match hostid. Is this because of a new motherboard And can we have the license point to the right info I understand that with an expired maintenance agreement we can't move our licenses from...
1 137
by  Mari MinariJump to last post
28 Oct 2018 03:53 PM
2 Replies and 1694 Views idl/envi hangs on multiuser Linux system - lockfile(s) in /tmp/Harris/License/  1694  2 Started by  Vipool Rathod The lock files seem to be in /tmp/Harris/License/ and following the naming convention of .cllsem_FCU&91;8 digits&93;.lock .cllsem_FLT_&91;8 digits&93;.lock .cllsem_shmFCU&91;8 digits&93;.lock Took out the 8 digit number in case it's license related. In particular, when running 'strace idl', idl hangs on the '_FCU' dot file: ... open('/tmp/Harris/License/.cllsem_FCU&91;8 digits&93;.lock', O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_TRUNC, 0666) = 7 fcntl(6, F_SETLKW, {l_type=F_WRLCK, l_whence=SEEK_CUR...
2 1694
by  Vipool RathodJump to last post
24 Jul 2018 11:57 AM
1 Replies and 351 Views IDL licence after expiration  351  1 Started by  Vlad Hi, I have an IDL licence and I just purchased a licence maintenance for one year. First, it is installed on my machine and, if my understanding is correct, I can switch to another computer as many times as I want until the licence expires. But what happens once the licence expires, will I still be able to use IDL on the machine where it's installed or will it be deactivated Second, I bought the licence a few years so I could install it on 3 different machines. I am no longer using one o...
1 351
16 Jul 2018 07:11 AM
8 Replies and 1745 Views IDL Virtual Machine Installation on MacOSX10.13  1745  8 Started by  Evan Burgess I am trying to install IDL Virtual Machine (IDL 8.5.1 - Mac OS X (10.9, 10.10) Native x86_64 64-bit) on a MacOSX10.13. It installs with no errors. I have reinstalled Java 6 and have xQuartz installed. When I click to start the application, it runs for about half a second and then disappears without error and a blank xterm window appears. Nothing else happens. Same happens when initiated at the terminal and when I have xQuartz already running. I'm wondering if this issue is likely due to ID...
8 1745
by  Yu LiJump to last post
13 Jun 2018 04:29 PM
1 Replies and 702 Views Can't reinstall IDL License after system crash  702  1 Started by  Charles Harrell My Windows 7 laptop running IDL 8.6 crashed, and after repair I attempted to run IDl, and goat a licensing error. I checked and found no licenses installed on the system. I attempted to install the license, but kept getting an error 'There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive }device\harddisk\dr1' there is no such device on the system. I have removed and reinstalled IDL with the same results. Any suggestions
1 702
19 Apr 2018 10:11 AM
1 Replies and 666 Views How to tell which floating licenses are in use?  666  1 Started by  James Michell When using the new 'Harris License Administrator' (IDL 8.6.0), how can you see which floating licenses are in use It used to be possible with the old FlexLM Manager, but I cannot see a way of doing it the new one. The 'View Log' button just displays 6 lines of information which includes the name of the license server (which I am logged into), the device ID and the License Directory, but nothing else. Thanks James
1 666
by  Dominique DubucqJump to last post
16 Apr 2018 09:57 AM
1 Replies and 782 Views Some client installations not detecting the licences even though license manager lists then  782  1 Started by  thiagosilva After a fresh installation of ENVI 5.4 on two different machines (dual boot Win10/Ubuntu 16.04 desktop and Ubuntu 16.04 laptop), I am not able to run ENVI, getting the following message: Failed to acquire license. A license is not available to run this product. Use the license administration utility to determine which licenses are available or activate an entitlement. On the dual boot machine, the same error occurs on Windows and Ubuntu. This error happens despite the fact ...
1 782
by  Jenny BloomJump to last post
01 Feb 2018 09:17 PM
0 Replies and 3527 Views How to make the IDL 8.6 flexnetls license server create and maintain a log of user activity?  3527  0 Started by  Gustavo Correa Hi Harris Support and IDL fans0 I am running IDL 8.6 with the new flexnetls license server on Linux. I want to know how to configure the flexnetls license server to create and maintain a log of user activity, i.e., licenses checked in and out, etc. This was possible with the old IDL 8.5 and older versions, with the flexlmgrd license server. The log file is a very useful feature, essential to understand the pattern of activity, for accounting purposes, etc. The old flexlmgrd license...
0 3527
01 Dec 2017 05:28 PM
7 Replies and 950 Views Failure to initiate program  950  7 Started by  Thomas Thorpe I have a student license for ENVI which included the atmospheric correction license. I can access ENVI 5.4 Classic. However, If I try to use QUAC (in Classic) or attempt to start the new ENVI it fails. I typically get some form of a javascript error. Example error attempting to start the program: JSON_PARSE: Error parsing file C:\Program\Files\Harris\ENVI54\resource\template\\root_system_config.js on: LIST: COLLECTION is not a superclass of obje...
7 950
27 Nov 2017 01:34 PM
5 Replies and 1557 Views Licensing Envi 5.3  1557  5 Started by  Anthony Greenish Recently I have been unable to get Envi to work. It is a licensing problem. For some reason I can't get the License Server to run. When I try to turn on the License Server I get the message 'VD is starting, please check vendor daemon's status in debug log'. I have received a new license from Envi but it still can't get the License Server to run. Any help would be most appreciated.
5 1557
15 Nov 2017 03:52 PM
7 Replies and 1234 Views RESTORE error after installing ENVI 5.2 SP1  1234  7 Started by  Mari Minari After installing service pack, I get a runtime error launching ENVI: RESTORE:Error opening file. Unit 100, File, C:\Program Files (x86)\Exelis\IDL84\lib\hook\envi_rt.sav How can I resolve this
7 1234
by  thomas buckleyJump to last post
17 Oct 2017 12:25 AM
1 Replies and 1037 Views cannot license idl 8.6.1 on Mac  1037  1 Started by  Robert Weller Still cannot license new install of IDL 8.6.1 on Mac Desktop Get 'unable to retrieve computer information. Is your license activate utility installed correctly License Directory:/Applications/harris Failed to activate' suggestions Thanks Bob Weller rwellerwhoi.edu
1 1037
by  Ben CastellaniJump to last post
06 Oct 2017 02:14 PM
1 Replies and 778 Views envi 5.3 sp1 on OS x (mac) does not start  778  1 Started by  Jay Krishnan Hello: We have envi 5.3, sp1 (Install_IDL85ENVI53SP1.pkg) for OS X, (sierra) Macs and every time (after installation), we try starting up the software, it seems to want to startup but crashes almost immediately. Any advise on a fix is appreciated. thank you.
1 778
04 Oct 2017 08:32 AM
0 Replies and 2165 Views Can't activate license in docker  2165  0 Started by  David Lindeijer SARVision (MAINTENANCE ID: MNT-5506788) uses IDL on a linux (Ubuntu) server using a runtime license (Quantity 1) We would like to use IDL within a docker container. The activation of the license fails within the docker container due to 'Activation ID copies exceeds available copies'. The docker server resides on the same linux server (mentionned above) that normally is used to use IDL directly. Before attempting to activate the license within the docker container the same licesnse is de-a...
0 2165
16 Aug 2017 05:28 AM
2 Replies and 1019 Views IDL 8.6/ENVI 5.4  1019  2 Started by  jareds1 Hi all, Our site is about to upgrade its license to IDL 8.6/ENVI 5.4, and I was wondering whether IDL 8.6 is known to run on OS X Sierra despite not being officially supported, so that way I don't have to worry about another OS EOL before my position contract ends in 2019. Many thanks! Jared
2 1019
by  jareds1Jump to last post
13 Jul 2017 02:31 PM
3 Replies and 1065 Views Device ID changed in linux  1065  3 Started by  Jose Marino IDL 8.6 suddenly stopped working on my laptop. I have a node locked license and things worked great for a few weeks, then all of a sudden my device ID is different and IDL refuses to start. The first 12 digits of the device ID are my network card's MAC address and those have not changed. The rest have changed. Apart from the MAC address, what else is used to generate a devide ID and how come my machine's ID changed
3 1065
by  Jose MarinoJump to last post
31 May 2017 03:01 PM
1 Replies and 1771 Views ENVI IDL on Ubuntu 14.04  1771  1 Started by  negin moghaddam Hello, I have downloaded and installed both ENVI and IDL on Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS platform, then licensed them. Using terminal when I run the command envi, the software launched but there is a warning message that I need your feedback on how to fix it. Please find the following snapshot of the message in terminal... nesoNeso:~$ envi IDL 8.6.0 (linux x86_64 m64). (c) 2016, Exelis Visual Information Solutions, Inc., a subsidiary of Harris Corporation. Licensed for use by: Unive...
1 1771
23 May 2017 12:32 PM
1 Replies and 826 Views ENVI 5.4/IDL 8.6 SCCM compatibility  826  1 Started by  Luke Pinner In 2015 we were told by our vendor tech support (based on advice from Exelis) that the ENVI 5.3/IDL 8.5 installer for Windows is not compatible with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) installation as it uses custom installer scripting in addition to the MSI installer. The ENVI 5.4/IDL 8.6 installer for Windows uses a different install method now (Inno Setup instead of InstallShieldcustom installer scripting). Does any one know whether the Inno Setup ENVI 5.4/IDL 8.6 instal...
1 826
by  Jim UbaJump to last post
05 May 2017 11:39 AM
1 Replies and 923 Views Student lisence  923  1 Started by  Redwan Rosli Currently, I'm pursuing my master degree without grant in University in outside of US and Canada, Is it possible for me to buy student license or at least get some discount. Please assist. Thanks
1 923
25 Apr 2017 10:12 AM
You are not authorized to create a new topic
Page 1 of 41234 > >>