ENVI: How to access ENVI Help & Resources
This Help Article provides information about accessing ENVI Help & Resources.
There are different ways to start the ENVI Online Help System :
- From within the new ENVI interface: Select Help > Contents from the new ENVI interface
- From within the ENVI Classic interface: Select Help > Start ENVI Classic Help from the ENVI Classic interface
- On Windows: the ENVI Help System can be started from the Start> Programs > ENVI x.x > Help > ENVI Help or ENVI Classic Help menus
- On UNIX/Linux/MAC: the IDL Help System can be started using the "envihelp" or"envihelp -classic" commands in a terminal
The ENVI Online Help System includes:
In addition to the ENVI Online Help System:
- The Resource DVD provided with the ENVI installation DVD contains the data files you need to complete the Tutorials included in the ENVI Help System
- The tutorials are also available on the website:
- For ENVI 5.0 or later, help for the ENVI API can also be found on the Documentation Center on the Exelis Visual Information Solutions website at:
- ENVI Release Notes and the Advanced Topics in Licensing in PDF format are available on the installation DVD in the /<media>/info/ folder. These documents are also available as links when you download ENVI or the License Server from our website.
For access and information to previous versions, please contact Technical Support.
License installation instructions and FAQ for ENVI versions 5.4 and later
License installation instructions for ENVI versions prior to 5.4
- ENVI System requirements and Features supported are available in the ENVI Online Help System (under Contents > About ENVI for the new interface and in the Table of Contents for ENVI Classic) or in the following link:
Platform and Feature Support
If you need assistance using your ENVI Help System, please contact Technical Support
Reviewed 12/5/2017 mm