Search this forum:
Search
You are not authorized to create a new topic
Page 1 of 11712345 > >>
Topics
 Replies
 Views
 Last Post
1 Replies and 45 Views TRIQL and LA_TRIQL, order of results?  45  1 Started by  Nikola Vitas Apparently TRIQL and LA_TRIQL do different ordering of the resulting eigenvalues. Of course, this was hidden at the very bottom of my code causing a cascade of strange numbers and hours of debugging. If someone has insight into these routines, it would be important to know how each of them orders the results. First example (same order of eigenvalues (d4 elements) returned by both, just reversed - TRIQL in the decreasing order, LA_TRIQL increasing): d4 = &91;-0.013922532, -0.01875391...
1 45
by  David StarbuckJump to last post
11 Jun 2018 09:43 AM
7 Replies and 472 Views New graphics: plot titles and tick names disappear  472  7 Started by  Hojin Cho I am currently using IDL 8.5.1 (experienced the same issue with 8.4 and 8.5.0) on Windows 10 machine (x64). The code I used follows (which is on https://www.harrisgeospatial.com/docs..., except a bit of modification since BARPLOT does not have DATA keyword) x = FINDGEN(41)/10 - 2 gauss = EXP(-x^2) p = BARPLOT(x, gauss, $ TITLE='Gaussian Distribution',$ YRANGE=&910,1.1&93) On the graphic window, the plot does not show any kind of defect. However, whenever I try to export it into ot...
7 472
by  Jenny LovellJump to last post
03 Jun 2018 11:46 PM
0 Replies and 84 Views http://www.harrisgeospatial.com/docs/TETRA_VOLUME.html  84  0 Started by  David Starbuck Question: A user has asked us how to compute the volume of a 3D set of polygons. Possible Solution: I think that MESH_VOLUME and the TETRA_VOLUME should be able to help achieve this goal: http://www.harrisgeospatial.com/docs/MESH_VOLUME.html http://www.harrisgeospatial.com/docs/TETRA_VOLUME.html David S. -HGS
0 84
11 May 2018 10:31 AM
0 Replies and 84 Views How to speed up IDL on slower and older laptops  84  0 Started by  Jenny Bloom Speeding up IDL on slower laptops: I had a customer come in requesting suggestions to speed up IDL on an old laptop which may not have the most RAM or processing power. Some suggestions technical support has for these situations are the following: 1. Check the rendering method for object graphics in IDL Preferences. From the IDLDE menu bar, via Window > Preferences, select IDL > Graphics. Make sure the Hardware option is checked for the 'Rendering Method for object graphics' selectio...
0 84
04 May 2018 02:33 PM
1 Replies and 259 Views How to ignore the NaN values in ENVI_SVM_DOIT  259  1 Started by  Wu Hello, I am using ENVI_SVM_DOIT want to ignore some region while using ENVI SVM classifier(or ENVI_SVM_DOIT), so I set the values of these pixels to NaN. But it didn't work, the SVM classifier still classified those pixels. Would it possible to ignore some region in this classifier Any help would be nice, thank you very much. ==== Well I think I have figured it out. Thank you all the same.
1 259
by  Timea Kovacs-LedoJump to last post
22 Mar 2018 12:15 AM
0 Replies and 171 Views How to write structure to file with printf without carriage returns  171  0 Started by  David Starbuck Question: A user has asked us how to write data from a structure to a file using printf. without carriage returns being added to the middle of a record. Answer: If you run the following commands, it print the structure to a file with carriage returns: IDL> A = {star, name:'Hello There!', ra:2.0, dec:3.0, inten:FLTARR(12)4.0} IDL> openw, 1, 'test_struct_output.txt' IDL> printf, 1, A IDL> free_lun, 1 On way to workaround this issue is to use the FORMAT keyword to specif...
0 171
15 Mar 2018 12:28 PM
0 Replies and 143 Views Registration to a standard raster  143  0 Started by  Matthew Vernier Hi all, I’ve written an IDL script to reproject and “snap”, or register at the pixel level, imagery to a standard raster. The standard raster is much larger in extent than a Landsat image, and when I use ENVIGridDefinition::Intersection to compute the intersection, the output is always registered to the smaller of the two inputs, though the output extent is essentially correct (it is offset by a sub-pixel distance). Is there a way to force registration to the larger input Thank you, Matt Ver...
0 143
13 Mar 2018 06:24 PM
2 Replies and 708 Views Executing IDL program from shell  708  2 Started by  dnantonio Hi, I am new to this forum, so I apologize if my post is not correctly formatted, as I don't understand how to wrap lines. I am trying to set up a shell script to exec...
2 708
by  dnantonioJump to last post
09 Mar 2018 06:54 AM
2 Replies and 149 Views One-item array and scalar  149  2 Started by  Stefano Bianchi Hi, this is probably a naive question, but I can't find the solution. A simple example is the easiest way to present the issue. IDL> v1=&91;1,2,3,4,5&93; IDL> v2=&91;10,20,30,40,50&93; IDL> match=where(v1 eq 2) IDL> help, v2&91;match&93; <Expression> INT = Array&91;1&93; IDL> match2=v2&91;where(v1 eq 2)&93; IDL> help, match2&91;0&93; <Expression> INT = 20 The problem is that v2&91;match&93; is, as expected, an a...
2 149
by  Stefano BianchiJump to last post
09 Mar 2018 01:16 AM
2 Replies and 292 Views dlm-dll combination that did work, now does not.  292  2 Started by  David Short I built a dlm-dll combination. I actually built two such combinations. The one that had the interesting stuff I wanted to do and testmodule which is the sample found in the documentation that uses testfun and testpro. Everything worked. Two months later I bring it out of version control to insert it into a new branch. Since then I have altered some of the support code (new cuda version)that the dll uses. I recompile and place the dlm-dll where they should go and....it doesn't work. Error loa...
2 292
08 Mar 2018 04:47 PM
1 Replies and 199 Views IDL 8.5 and github  199  1 Started by  Ronn Kling Hello Everyone, I want save people some time if they use 8.5 and github. As of today it is not possible to commit or pull with that version. Going to 8.6 works fine. I've tracked it down to the Eclipse version in 8.5 uses an outdated sslVersion. I've tried everything I can think of to make it work, but no luck. If anyone has had success making this work with 8.5 can they post it to the news group Ronn Kling
1 199
by  Ronn KlingJump to last post
05 Mar 2018 04:28 AM
3 Replies and 356 Views OSX High Sierra IDL 8.5.1: error Keyword parameters not allowed in call.  356  3 Started by  Steven Finkelstein Hello, I recently got a new machine which had OSX 10.13 (High Sierra) preinstalled, and my university installed IDL 8.5.1. I proceeded to try to run some code which has worked fine on other machines running IDL 8.3 and 8.6. I get this error: Keyword parameters not allowed in call. (it points to the following line, though as I show below, I don't think anything is wrong with this syntax): if finite(lnp&91;i&93;) then lnp&91;i&93;=call_function(lfunc,x&91;*,i&93;,_EXTRA=_ex...
3 356
by  Wayne LandsmanJump to last post
27 Feb 2018 02:09 PM
0 Replies and 165 Views IDL 8,4 on a windows 64bit machine cannot see ImageMagick-7.0.7-Q8  165  0 Started by  MariLiza I am using a Windows 10 64bit machine running IDL8.4 which has installed on it the latest version of ImageMagick-7.0.7-Q8. I cannot make IDL see that I have ImageMagick on my machine, even though I checked the Path, in Environment Variables of the machine, and ImageMagick-7.0.7-Q8 is there. The spawn command works fine from the IDL command line &91;I asked it to do something else.&93; When using a cmd window ImageMagick also works. It is just that the two cannot work together. I have full adm...
0 165
07 Feb 2018 05:20 AM
2 Replies and 324 Views Read coordinate data of .mat file in IDL  324  2 Started by  christin matondang Hello everyone, i am still a beginner in IDL. I need your help. I want to open lat and lon data in .mat format, whether it can be done in IDL or should I convert to another format Previously I found link related to this issue in the forum, http://www.harrisgeospatial.com/Support/Forums/tabid/2342/aft/368/Default.aspx but I do not understand how it works.
2 324
by  christin matondangJump to last post
05 Feb 2018 02:36 AM
2 Replies and 294 Views Creating lossless video output  294  2 Started by  Kenneth Bowman I am trying to create a lossless MPEG-4 video from a sequence of PNG files. The basic code looks like this ni = 1540 nj = 300 fps = 6 infile = FILE_SEARCH(indir, '*.png', COUNT = nframes) video = IDLffVideoWrite('test.mp4') stream = video.AddVideoStream(ni, nj, fps, PRESET = 'normal') FOR s = 0, nframes-1 DO BEGIN image = READ_PNG(infile&91;s&93;) time = video.Put(stream, image) ENDFOR video = 0 If I understand the documentation for IDLffVideoWrite correctly, PRESET = 'no...
2 294
by  Kenneth BowmanJump to last post
02 Feb 2018 12:24 PM
2 Replies and 231 Views Performance Issues with OrderedHash  231  2 Started by  Niklas Keck Good day, The time required to access the keys and values of an Orderedhash rises exponentially with the number of elements contained in the Orderedhash. This makes it unusable for large collections. The same is !not! true for ordinary Hash objects. With a hash the time required to access the keys and values rises approximatly linearly with the number of elements contained within the hash. This is what I would expect for an OrderedHash as well. Is this expected behaviour Will t...
2 231
by  Niklas KeckJump to last post
31 Jan 2018 03:10 AM
1 Replies and 149 Views add plugin to DE?  149  1 Started by  Ronn Kling I would really like to modify the default commit template for Git, but this feature looks like the only way to do it. http://www.eclipse.org/mylyn/ Is it possible to add this, or is there another way Ronn Kling
1 149
30 Jan 2018 03:49 PM
2 Replies and 141 Views Formatting forum postings  141  2 Started by  Kenneth Bowman Are there instructions somewhere on how to format postings to this forum (embedded code, etc.) Whatever I enter shows up in the Preview as a single wrapped (and unreadable) paragraph. Thanks, Ken
2 141
by  Kenneth BowmanJump to last post
30 Jan 2018 03:23 PM
1 Replies and 219 Views read netcdf file with python  219  1 Started by  Simone Colella Hi, I would like to read a netcdf4 file using python bridge. I imported netCDF4 module and then I read the file: rd=python.import('netCDF4') data=rd.Dataset('/tmp/A2007235-chl-med-hr.nc') now with help,data I obtain the information: <class 'netCDF4._netCDF4.Dataset'> root group (NETCDF4 data model, file format HDF5): Conventions: CF-1.4 title: dataset-oc-med-chl-modis-l3-chl_1km_daily-rt-v02 netcdf_version: v4 grid_mapping: Equirectangular parameter: c...
1 219
23 Jan 2018 11:36 AM
1 Replies and 176 Views Configuration of idlpy into Anaconda Python environment  176  1 Started by  Lorenzo Bernardi I need to use idlpy tools and functions using the Python version and environment provided with Anaconda. I use Python 3.6.3 version. The problem is that using the Anaconda system, it is not possibile specify or set th PYTHONPATH and PYTHONHOME variables, because these variables are managed by Anaconda itself. Thank you for any suggestion.
1 176
23 Jan 2018 10:50 AM
You are not authorized to create a new topic
Page 1 of 11712345 > >>

MOST RECENT

The Science, and Art, of Hyperspectral Image Analysis

6/7/2018

Harris Geospatial Solutions – June 7, 2018 Automation is being touted as the wave of the future for... more »

Hyperspectral Imaging: An Emerging Tool for Mission Readiness

5/15/2018

For those charged with protecting our national security, the challenge of mission readiness today... more »

SIGN ME UP