The free and open access to synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data from the European Space Agency`s Sentinel-1 satellite since 2014, together with the launches of an increasing number of SAR systems aboard small satellites over the past year underscores the enormous role this remote sensing technology will play in the future of Earth Observation. For established SAR consumers, as well as organizations already benefiting from remotely sensed optical data looking to add SAR derived information to their GIS, these launches serve notice that a deluge of complex new data will soon arrive, presenting many commercial and operational benefits.
As a community of users, analysts, and solution providers, we must continue to find innovative ways to collect, process, and analyze SAR data, but even more importantly to create solutions that deliver real value. The SAR analytics symposium provides the leading thought leadership venue for participants to connect with decisionmakers from across the community, explore new trends and ideas, and transform this fast-growing and dynamic technology ecosystem.
Topics will include:
- The present and Future of spaceborne SAR
- Leveraging SAR derived information for Environment and Agriculture
- Detecting change over time with extreme levels of accuracy
- Understanding infrastructure and land displacements
- Democratization of SAR: Accessing information from SAR data trough SAR service platforms
- Hear details of successful real-world, analytical applications in various industries
- Network with fellow figures from you indusrty facing similar challenges to you
- Interact and get questions answered from SAR service providers
- Meet the people who develop and support ENVI SARscape, one of the leading tools for SAR analytics
The SAR Analytics Symposium will be held at The Radisson Blu Hotel in central Rome. The The Radisson Blu is a contemporary 5 Star hotel. Guests enjoy the feeling of home in the heart of Italy’s capital city, where major attractions lie within walking distance. The Hotel has two restaurants where you can enjoy a delectable taste of Italy, an on-site spa, fitness centre and offers stunning views from the rooftop terrace. The Hotel has a direct 30 minutes train access from the Leonardo da Vinci International (FCO) airport.